1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western Conventional mount for a 93 dodge help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by draginlow, Dec 29, 2008.

1. draginlow

draginlow Junior Member

hello everyone i just got a 93 dodge 4x4 2500 truck with low miles to replace my old f-350

my question is the mount that was on the f-350 has been made to fit that truck and who ever installed it did a fine job at just cutting it up and making it fit. i like tings to be the way they should and most of all safe. but looking at the dodge i cant see a good way of mounting it with what i have. i was wondering of anyone has any pics?? i looked on western's site and looked at the PDF files on there but they dint really show how to mount. i was going to the local plow shop but i dont think they can get me the brackets i need so i will have to make them i think. thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Doubt very much that your loacl shop will be able to get you what you need for the mount since western quit making those mounts years ago.

Sounds like your going to have to salvage the spreader bar and the head gear and work from there. I thought the parts and install instructions from western were pretty good and i havent been under a old dodge in a long time. Atleast it gives you an idea of what you have to work towards.

3. draginlow

draginlow Junior Member

yea the illustration was pretty good but were the mount looks to go on the side of the frame rail the leaf spring mount it right there. i though there may of been a extender bracket or something. i was just looking for a idea were to mount it and hold for a long time. i just know there i lot of fore put on the mount...i have a big foot ha ha

4. draginlow

draginlow Junior Member

i just looked back at install instructions from western again and i think i know whats missing me up. after looking again i think my frame rails got cut. the truck had a boss older plow on it that the guy removed when i got the truck and i think the rails got cut. i only have about 3" pass the spring hanger. and the illustration shows about at least 8"...the bumper was not on. he had it in the bed of the truck so i never even though about it. but if any one has oe can take pics that would help to