1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Controller Issue? Fuses?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Fireandsnow, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Fireandsnow

Fireandsnow Junior Member

Ok I bought this plow and wiring installed everything and went to test it out and found our there was a major wiring issue, which blew the controller fuses? We fixed all of the wiring issues and found that the controller was dead. Lucky me the plow came with two controllers put the other one in and everything is great.

My question is repairing the remote, i swear the wiring schematic trouble shooting says to replace the F1 and F2 fuses in the controller but when I went to the western dealer they told me that what i thought was fuses on the mother board of the remote were not fuses and i was going to have to buy a whole new mother board?

Question Comments?
    If you look close there are arrows pointing to what I thought were fuses.

Western Fuses.jpg

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Radio Shack used to have the fuses. I have never found a Fisher/Western dealer that has them. Might be able to order online. There are some numbers on them. I have a few extras from when I searched for them.

3. Fireandsnow

So indeed those are Fuses?

4. monsterfords79

monsterfords79 Junior Member
    from Redford

Im having the same problem with my MVP Plus but i just installed my wiring yesterday I have power to the plow , the headlights work everything but the remote wont power up. does anyone know what could be wrong.

5. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

Had the same problem, we had to replace the controller. The cost of the control board is about the same as the entire unit. Se we kept the old one for spare parts.

6. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

Oh sorry, fireandsnow ,F1 and F2 are fuses. Western part # 69190. sold in packs of five. Do an internet search to find a supplier. Hope that helps.

7. Fireandsnow

Yes this helps a ton thank you.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

have those fuses in stock sold individually payup Call 8884482464 Ask for Kim.