1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western confusion/ frostbite

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by biohazardbowtie, Dec 4, 2004.

1. biohazardbowtie

biohazardbowtie Junior Member

I reciently bought a western plow blade & mount - pump & motor ( 7'6 wide
    #60018 standard) & i don't know wether it came with cable or electronic controls & what my options are. Working with a tight budget & need to get up & running..
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Is it a uni-mount or a conventional setup? With the uni, you remove the headlights and the pump when you remove the plow and have to unplug electrical connections, with the conventional, the headlights and pump stay on the truck. If its a uni mount, its an electric controlled pump, if its a conventional it could be either. If it has a square plastic cover that is held on with 2 screws on the back of the pump its an electriclly controlled pump. The easies way is to go to westerns site and go to the service manuals and see which pump matches what you have.
  3. biohazardbowtie

biohazardbowtie Junior Member

Crash that was what I was hoping to hear! Thanx for clarifying that for me. And I will go ahead and check out the site you mentioned.