1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western check valve

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by roteye38, Dec 26, 2009.

1. roteye38

roteye38 Member

can i just unscrew the check valve without hurting anything to get it unseized the manual talks aboat blowning out a oring

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

The only thing i see for the check valve is a screw, spring, and a ball

diagram
    check va.jpg

were the "valve manifold assembly" mounts to the pump has (3) "O" rings, and a plug.. The "o" rings you would have to watch out for.. If you damage them when your either removing or bolting the assembly back to the pump then they will need to be replace, or you will have a leak between the pump and the valve manifold assembly.

There are two types of "o" rings
    here are the numbers

56274 (1) o ring -013
    25730 (2) o ring -012

Just take your time and watch what your doing..

what is the reason you want to remove the check valve??

check va.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  3. roteye38

roteye38 Member

the allen head screw is seized up need to adjust down pressure plow is dropping way to fast

4. twinman326

that not the problem.. Adjust the "QUILL"

qadj.jpg

might have to put very little heat on the screw (that what I had to do) to loosen it up VERY LITTLE.. then remove it out slowly (with the plow blade down to the ground) with a flat head screw driver (count how many turn)..clean the threads on the screw and put it back in..then adjust the quill in to slow the drop speed. Test it for every 1/4 turn in you do..Don't want the blade to drop hard to the ground.

qadj.jpg

5. roteye38

roteye38 Member

this is on a older cable style plow

6. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

7. twinman326

Sorry I didn't know that. U didn't mention anything about the plow being "cable"

Your right adjust the "check valve" CCW. just check for every turn you make.

Disregard post #4

8. terry504

terry504 Junior Member

i have almost the same problem, my plow wont lift with a load but drops okay. but cant get the check valve screw loose, tried a little heat and a few curse words along with a hammer and still it wont budge. dont know what to do??