1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Canada Weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by BC Handyman, Nov 23, 2012.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not sure what will happen with this thread, but I thought I'd see since I see more & more western Canadians on this site, & also since weather in the west is quit diffenent then the weather in the East.

In my part of the world we have been getting a few flurries over the last few days, just enough to cover the ground, but not enough to do most accounts, only the "zero tolenance" sites. Mostly been getting up just to throw salt or melt down.

Have any other western Canadians been out yet this year? I know Lethbridge & Calgary area's have got it a few times already.

I've only been plowing 2 times so far, but have visited zero torerance sites 6 times already.

tymusic tymusic tymusic

2. BC Handyman

Western Canada Pics

Well since I know we all love pics, here is a few. 1st pic is St Albert, Alberta about a week & a half ago, second is here in Cranbrook 3 days ago while I was spreading melt on a walkway.

st albert snow.jpg

Picture 1697.jpg

3. BC Handyman

It is snowing pretty good here right now, temp is 0c, anybody else getting snow right now?

4. BC Handyman

I ended up with .5cm-5cm depending on what part of town, so mostly just salting & a few plow jobs, didnt even need to call in the crew. Anybody else get snow?

5. BC Handyman

Well it's a little warm here, been pouring rain for 24 hrs(would've been alot of snow) but it looks like it's suppost to get below 0c this weekend & get a bit of snow. I guess I'll see. What are they calling for Edmonton & Calgary this weekend? I know they a bit colder then here.

6. BC Handyman

Looks like I should be getting a few cm here in Cranbrook tonight & in morn, just starting to try to snow now. You guys in Southern Alberta look like you will be getting snow as well.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Think your talking to yourself right now!

8. BC Handyman

eh, with the wife & 2 girls wouldn't be the first time;)

9. Heavy 92

Heavy 92 Junior Member
    from B.C

Down here on the coast, looking for something to push. nice to see someone else from BC.
    Its snowing this morning, drivers down her are nuts when it snows,

10. BC Handyman

You from van,burnaby,coq,port moody, maple ridge where? Yes it is good to see a fellow British Columbian:nod: I lived out there( in almost every city) for almost all my childhood & teens. I heard some places like burnaby, north van got 15cm yes they are crazy, I heard schools shut down with 5cm:laughing: I also got friends that there snow contractor damaged stuff cause no is used to plowing:D I'll try to stay in contact with you, check out my threads if you want to see some east Kootenay weather. Just look search for it's snowing in east kootenay's or Hello, from the BC, Kootenay's

11. Heavy 92

Heavy 92 Junior Member
    from B.C

i live down in Delta, lower than sea level. We only got about 4cm just enough for a couple of our contracts. maybe we will get another shot,

12. BC Handyman

Well I got more snow here in Cranbrook, It's been snowing for 3 days straight, A few places are already running out of room to put snow. Got well over a foot in the last few days. Daytime temps are around +1 though so everything gets real mucky/ugly in the afternoons.