1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Canada Rates/Expenses

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Dynatech, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Dynatech

Dynatech Junior Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I have moved a lot of snow in the past but never as a business. I have a Cat 297c with a 96" bucket. My question is what are you guys charging for a similar setup and what kinds of expenses would a guy be looking at for commercial and residential insurance, general liability & wcb expenses in British Columbia?
    Thanks

2. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite. WBC costs will be dependant on the size and type of business you run each province will have a different rate structure if you register as a business they send you a threatening letter telling you to get ahold of them a least that is how it worked here. Your insurance will depend on the properties you are snow clearing for and what they ask for coverage find an insurance agent you can work with and trust in this business they are a strategic partner.

3. Dynatech

Dynatech Junior Member

Thanks, I got it all set up... My WCB is active and my insurance is going to run me $1500/year. This includes fire, theft, collision and general liability at 2 million... this rate only applies with myself as the principal operator and only for moving snow.

4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome Dynatech, dawnson creek I'd imagine going rate is about $90/hr for your machine. Good to have another BC resident here, there is only a few of use on this forum :)

5. Dynatech

Dynatech Junior Member

I have been talking to a few outfits up here and the rates are all right around $95/hr if your subcontracting and $110/hr on your own... $120/hr for travel/hauling to location if out of town.