1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Cable Won't run

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 2dogs2, Dec 17, 2010.

1. 2dogs2

2dogs2 Member

I just replaced the hydraulic pump and electric motor last year, now for some reason the blade is raising intermittently. When I first start the truck it will lift, but as soon as I lower it, that's it till. I must shut the truck off and restart it.

Could it be the relay ? Seems like the only thing outside of the cable joystick I have not replace.

Thanks

PC

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

what kind of vehicle is the plow mounted on?
    Have you check the fluid level to make sure it is correct?
    Did you replace the old gasket with a new gasket before you put the new motor on?

When you change the "pump" and the "motor" did you also change the fluid and clean the screen before you put the motor back on?

When you move the joy stick does the solenoid click and the motor run?

You might have moisture inside the pump housing.

Check all the ground wires.

Check the grill connection.

Here is a PDF mechanical guide. Look on page 4-1 this is the trouble shooting section. This will tell you were to start looking and any test to perform. Download the PDF and keep it for reference.
    http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html...common/dd_pdf/pdfs/62880_060304_rescanned.pdf

trouble shooting guide
    trouble cable guide.jpg

trouble cable guide.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  3. 2dogs2

2dogs2 Member

I finally removed the motor relay cleaned the bottom side and the firewall, then put some Noalox on it and all working now.. Guess there must have been some corrosion some place that I could not see.

THanks.

4. 2dogs2

2dogs2 Member

I finally removed the motor relay cleaned the bottom side and the firewall, then put some Noalox on it and all working now.. Guess there must have been some corrosion some place that I could not see.

THanks.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

I guess so

Glad everything work out

Happy holidays, safe plowing