1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Cable question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IA snoman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

I replaced my joystick this fall for my cable operated western plow and it doesn't seem to work right. When you go to angle the blade it doesn't turn hardly at all, but it does go up. :confused: :help: Are the cables out of adjustment? My friend told me to stop taking the plow there and start working on it myself. I am planning on doing more maintenance on my equipment but I feel like it should fixed since I spent 200 for the joystick and install and it doesn't work right. All imput welcome :waving: :)

2. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

If you had it installed at a shop and they stand behind their work.....then take it back to them and explain. They should honor their work.

OR.....it could be low on fluid......clogged filter screen in pump etc.

3. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Thanks Indy. I checked my fluid already. Which brings up another sore in this story. Last year they replaced the lift ram and seal because it was pitted and leaking all over the pump etc. Well a year later and it still leaks. I would think they could get something right but I guess that now I am a little suspect. Don't know about screen, can you check that when you have the lift ram out?

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Cables are out of adjustment. Go to westerns site and find the mechanics guide for the cable controlled pumps. This will walk you through the adjustment of the cables, and the 3way and 4 ay valves if needed. This the same guide that is given to and used by techs at repair shops.

5. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Thats what Im thinkin too. Didn't do this when I had old controller. I just feel that I shouldn't have to fix something I already paid for, know what I mean :mad: :nono: