1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western cable plow won't go down, or angle.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Rusty Silence, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Rusty Silence

Rusty Silence Senior Member

I had a hose blow so I changed it and when I went to add fluid I loosed the wrong thing. I thought it was the fill plug but it wasn't, it is on the back of the unit, just behind where the "up/down" cable goes in. It looks like a threaded plug with an allen head. I turned it out some and the whole thing turned and a little fluid seeped out. I tightened it back up but now I get nothing when I try to lower the blade. The blade tries to angle one way (motor runs) but doesn't move, the other way it doesn't do anything. Seemed to go up just fine but now it's stuck all the way up.

I did find the fill plug I believe, it has a square 1/2" head and is near the motor on the top left corner. I filled it all the way up. Can anyone help me out? I was in the middle of plowing my lot and right now it's almost impossible to get in from the road.

Also; I did take the plate off where the up/down cable goes in and the cable is working correctly and is in the neutral position when the joystick is in the middle.

2. Rusty Silence

Can anyone help me? I need to finish some plowing. I've been searching but haven't found an answer to my problem yet.

3. Rusty Silence

I found the mechanics guide online, it looks like I messed up the adjustment to lower the blade and might have over filled the pump. I still don't know why it won't angle.

4. Rusty Silence

got it. the adjustment was off and one of my hoses had popped off. it's working now