1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western cable plow lifting very slowly

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by midwesterner, Jan 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. midwesterner

midwesterner Junior Member

Hello all, new to the forum, been plowing a couple years.
    I have a 91 sierra with an old cable style isarmatic III plow I've been using for the last 3 years.
    Problem is, this year the plow went up just fine on first try, then wouldn't go up but sounded like it wanted to.
    Did some adjusting on the valve, checked fluid level, got it to go up slowly with some strain but just seems very weak.
    There is a brand new solenoid and pump motor on the truck, but never had pump overhauled or anything, just trying to get back to work.
    This pump plow wasn't working when the temperature the other day was around 40 degrees so I don't believe anything was froze up.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!:(

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Cable adjustment