1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Cable Operated NO lift with weight

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by K2500 PLow Toy, Jan 3, 2010.

1. K2500 PLow Toy

K2500 PLow Toy Junior Member
    from Ohio

Cable operated joystick style Western plow. Unit will operate and lift to max with no blade. Once blade is attached I get 2" lift max. Angling operation has no concerns. Motor has power and sounds healthy just no muscle behind teh lift operation. New fluids and cables adjusted what else should I check?

2. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

pump pressure

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Check for correct cable adjustment , if that checks out ,check pump pressure (1650-1850psi is acceptable ), if low check the inlet filter of the pump for debris .

I'm with DRP , bet it needs a pump .

TOM

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

check the screen to see if it clog

5. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Once you raise it the 2 inches, does it still stay up or creep down? If it stays up, most likely its a cable adjustment or you could adjust the lift valve. Lastly, your packing nut is to tight or the packing inside is bad.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

If you cleaned or changed the filter when you changed the fluid then I would also say pump. If not, I would start with cleaning the reservoir, and replacing the filter. Even flushing an old system like that helps. I just replaced one on a sub's truck this past week for the same problem. Depending on your plow size it's most likely a 7049 (fisher part number) at the tune of roughly $150. It comes with a motor gasket and new pickup filter.

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict