1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Cable Joystick Mount Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rolandpell, Feb 28, 2004.

1. rolandpell

rolandpell Junior Member

i HAVE A 86 TOYOTA 4 RUNNER THAT I HAVE A WESTERN PLOW SETUP ON IT .
    HERE IS MY PROBLEM I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO PUT THE CABLE CONTROL MOUNT IN THE TRUCK . IF YOU KNOW OR HAVE AN IDEA OR A PICTURE THAT WOULD BE GREAT .:confused:

2. mpflood

mpflood Member

cable control

I have seen guys attatch to plastic dash under neath or bottom
    But the way i had it was on a mounting tower(if you will)that screw to the floor.Very sturdy,which in my opinion,is a must for the cable joystick.
    Sorry no pic avail,but it was an actual western part #
    See dealer or web

3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Right, on the hump is where I've seen them. The T-handle is what I'm referring to. I've heard you should try to keep the bends to a minimum as you route the cables to keep it easy to operate the control.

Is your 86 the turbo?

4. rolandpell

rolandpell Junior Member

The 86 is a 22re non turbo . When you say the hump , its automatic too.

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

RO.........Western has 2 different mounts for the cable control.
    One is a small bracket so you can attach controller to dash.
    The other is a tower that mounts to the floor and the controller
    mounts on top of that.

6. snowbiter

snowbiter Member

I have the small bracket type which I mounted with industrial double sided tape to the dash. It ripped of when I was plowing (not looking at it and slamin it in to the bracket) so I sewed it to a 3in square by 1/8in thick rubber pad and remounted it with the double sided tape (gave it a little more grab surface and some flex) so far that has held up. I'm not recomending this just telling you what I did. My truck is new so I didn't want to drill holes in the dash untill I find a spot I'm sure that I am going to like.