1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western cable hook up

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by pushbronco, Aug 30, 2004.

1. pushbronco

pushbronco Junior Member

I have a older conventional mount western where the cable's hook into the unite out on the electric motor/valve,and I have to take them apart to feed them threw my fire wall,and need to know the best was about going at it.Thank's.Heath

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I have found the best way to take the cables off is at the pump. It is fairly easy to do. Just make sure not to move the eccentrics too much. It can make for a difficult re-installation.

3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

And when you put it back together be sure to get the little covers sealed up real good. If you don't they will fill up with snow/ice and cause problems. I use a little silicone on the gasket to get a real good seal. I also put a bead of silicone around the cable where it enters the housing.

4. pushbronco

pushbronco Junior Member

Does anyone have pic.'s of how the cable's fit in?