1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western cable control pump issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FISHERBOY, May 12, 2012.

1. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

i hav a western plow pump on my 60 series chevy dump, it has a 10ft western plow. The issues i was having over this past winter was the plow would angle slow, go down slow, and raise slow, now this pump was all gone over by Stroks Auto, last fall, they said its out of adjustment. Just looking for help, before i trash this pump.

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

if its the old cable stle pump check ground.. its grounds throught 1 of control cables, i had it happen before and put wire and clamp and wire on cable and grounded it to pump moter and it fixed it... the little set screw was not getting good ground im not sure witch cable it is.. been a while but i grounds control

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry to say but its not a gnd issue. There's no gnd when going dwn. I would say adjustment is your issue. Ck westerns website

4. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

OK i'll giv that a try

5. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

Hi FISHERBOY,

Let me know how it is working out. I work for Western, so if you need to call or e-mail I will try and help you troubleshoot. My number is 414-362-3832. E-mail is jkopp@westernplows.com. Take care.

6. Head1

Head1 Junior Member

Cables need to be adjusted properly!
    Thats it....................