1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western cabel mount angling slow left and right

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by brianslawncare, Feb 9, 2007.

1. brianslawncare

brianslawncare Junior Member

i have a western cabel mount and just put a new motor on.it worked fine but was a little slow.i went out today and it barely angles. i changed the fluid when the motor was done i used trans fluid. the dealer changed the motor and they said that fluid is fine. thank you brian. :gunsfiring: western plows.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is the speed ok when raising the blade? If it is, then I'd change the quick coupler's.

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

cable plow

the cable operated plows are very touchy on adjustments check the octagonal cover that the angle angle cable goes into the cavities , like to fill with water when it freezes it limits the travel of the cable.if you pull hard enough the cable's stretch check for kink's in the cable's, good luck

4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Ditto

Just what Wild Bill said, take a small propane torch to the side of the octagon cover and heat for a few seconds then try it side to side you may see a difference, if you do pull the cover and drian out the water and ice, make sure you put a new gasket on after( you can buy gasket material at your local parts store cut a piece to fit).

5. brianslawncare

brianslawncare Junior Member

the left and right works fine now,but to raise the plow it seems like it wont raise all the way.also i did nothing to fix this i just tried it today.we have snow finally comming tuesday night and i need it fixed. thank you brian

6. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Again check to see if their is water/ice where the cables go into the pump assembly.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Be sure and check you fluid level and condition,that might take care of your lifting problem. If it mysteriously "fixed" itself I can promise you it's not "fixed" and it will happen again. Check the cable under the cover for ice and corrosion like DJ mentioned and if look's ok, and you don't have any ice or water in the fluid either, I'd replace the quick coupler's as they have a nasty habit of "fixing" themselves for short period's of time.