1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western CabCommand

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KentuckyPlow, Feb 16, 2003.

1. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

I was reading on a Western Dealers website and saw a cabcommand controller, which I have. It said that it was capable of float. Did they change this design, because mine does not have a float position. It only has Raise, Lower, Left, Right. When lowering as soon as you let off the button, the plow stops lowering. My controller is about 7 or 8 years old.
    Any info is appreciated.
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

You have to hold the down function till the plow hits the ground and then hold it for another 2 seconds. A green light will light up in the top row center of the controller.
  3. Alpha42

Alpha42 Junior Member

Hello,I just bought a new Western Pro with the Cab command and it does have a float position.A green led light illuminates when its in float status.I guess they changed it. John:)
  4. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

Does yours have a seperate button for the float or is it like Plowking says, you just hold the down button?
  5. mcgreen71

mcgreen71 Junior Member

There are up to seven revisions on the Cab Command. The newest version with the selectable 'float' position has the Western logo back lit with a small light.

On this model, as mentioned above, you just hold the down position for three seconds and a LED will light showing the float position.
  6. Alpha42

Alpha42 Junior Member

Kentucky,I just hold the down button for x seconds and the green light comes on for float.:drinkup:
  7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I noticed the same thing,the float funnction takes to long to activate.Makes for a soar thumb after many hrs of plowing.
  8. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

I tried holding down on the button for a long time, nothing happened. I guess my control doesn't have this function.