1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western brand pro wings...best offer

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Dissociative, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

ok guys...i had em new last feburary, they have some life left on the edges but not a whole hell of a lot., i estimate 40% remains. i ended up snapping the lower guide pin on the passenger wing and that allowed the wing to rotate backward like 6" and tweak the bracket all out of shape.

1---anybody who twisted up a driver blade, need a set with good drivers?

2---these will make GREAT bolt on wings for a pro-plus if you can handle having them on all the time..i won't..

3---if i ship em you know it's gonna suck, unless i cut off brackets for bolt on install, then they aren't that large and are under 80lbs for UPS..

somebody can use these on a skid steer or a large lot blade...they really do add a lot to your carrying capability.

pics soon if there is any interest, but my description is honest, the one bracket only is twisted, otherwise they are very usable.

WESTERN STRAIGHT BLADE PRO-PLUS

2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

what do oyu want for them and can I get some pics?

3. cboycadi

cboycadi Junior Member

i did the same exact thing with mine

4. Dissociative

i think everybody has...i chased a guy with a passenger only wing for 20 min. but he wouldn't stop....

his loss

5. Dissociative

6. Dissociative

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I was thinking of picking up the western wings next year for my new blade, but all i have heard are bad things about them about how weak they are. Or it is just guys beating on them. But i am going to get the 9'6" MVP plus so I think that will most likely be big enough for my applications. I love my pro wings. I just hate having to take them on and off during the day. At night i Just leave them on and drive around town no problem.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

PM me with what you're trying to get out of them. I was tossing around the idea of fabbing a set for one of my unimounts and these would probably be a nice donor set.

9. Dissociative

pics are up guys

10. Dissociative

come on...get them out of here

11. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

what's your price on these? You can pm me if you want. I won't need shipping either.

12. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

hey , im kinda interested, but i dont own any pro plus plows..only the orginal pros....

So , my question is, if you stood them up next to a pro modle...due the curves all meet up someone closly? enought that sinple brakets could be made?

13. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

what do you have to get for them ? PM Me

14. Dissociative

i am asking for half the cost of a new set, but i am taking what ever i get in the next week.

225.00 OBO....they still have more than half the edge left, and the bent CAN be fixed pretty easily with a large torch and 2 guys...

basic torch and welding skills and you have em fixed.

on the pro plow....i think mine is a little taller than yours...32" vs 28?...ask B&B he'll know for sure.

they are here if someone wants to come throw some cash at me and get em...

15. Dissociative

ohhh....and thanks to plowsites 10 min. PM rules...i ain't PMing ANYONE....i will be herre ALL DAY...

USE MY E-MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S RIGHT IN MY SIGNATURE....who has time to wait 10min. between pm's??

16. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

would ship them to zip 48609 for the 225?

17. Dissociative

nope...i'd lose my azz....shipping will kill me...prolly 40+ bucks...

split it with me and i'd think about it till Thursday....woudl you be permanent mounting them?..i ask because if i can cut off the large brackets fro a bolt on install they would ship a lot easier.

these were 569 new for me guys....and are still 459 everywhere i found em...

18. Dissociative

still here......get em outta here...