1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western blinker issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Grandstander, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Grandstander

Grandstander Junior Member

I hooked up my plow and was going over everything and noticed that the passenger side blinker on the plow light does not work when activated but the passenger side blinker on the truck does. The headlamps and turn signals all light up just the passenger side does not blink. The lights on the drivers side are all fine and work properly. A bad relay maybe? any ideas?

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Did you check the bulb?

3. PGHplowguy

PGHplowguy Senior Member

Like 06 said, the bulb is the easiest fix, so start there. I had the same problem with my Western. First the blinkers either didn't work or the blinker light would just light up and stay on. Soon after I lost my lights. Driving at night time and having to use you truck lights behind the plow is not fun! Check the fuses. The relay may also be bad.

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

there are no relays on the blinkers.

Check the bulb first, then check your wirking behind the headlight were it ties into the blinker wiring on the truck. I have had those tee taps loose conductivity before. Test it with a test light or volt meter