1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western belt driven cable plow adjustment

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ajcoop20, Jan 4, 2014.

1. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

I just picked up a 85 w250 today, has a western tstick control in it and under the hood belt driven hydro's. Plow goes up down, and left in a timely manner, but is very slow angling right. Im assuming that since the other angles/lift lower work good, its probably and adjustment issue. Does anyone know how to adjust these? im used to ultramounts and other electric over hydro systems.

Thanks.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

There is an instruction for this on the western website. This plow is so old that I only ever did that adjustment once on my western course. I remember it being challenging. Look in the service publications for the mechanics guide. It's in there.

3. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

i tried to find it on there, but everythign i see is in relation to the mark 3 style system. mine is a under hood hydrauliclly driven pump, western t-bar control going to a manifold for up and down, and a manifold for left and right. the blade/rams is a meyer set up, and i believe its a old sno fighter/snocommander setup that has had a newer ST90 blade (3 springs) put on it. I guess the only thing western is likely to be the western T-controller

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a Frankenstein machine. You may have to take that valve manifold apart and reverse engineer it.

5. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

thats what im thinking. im going ot have to find someway to make adjustment on that butterfly. I imagine it doesnt have to move much.