1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western back drag blade

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Kirby ent, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

Dumb question I am sure.
    How exactly does the rear cutting blade not get in the way of the front blade and vise versa? If the plow is sitting on the ground and not moving are both blades on the surface and then as you travel forward the plow flexes which causes the front blade to only be in contact with the surface?
    The reason I ask is we have all concrete drives around here and the back dragging blade would have to be poly since the steel can do alot of damage.

Thanks Mike
  2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

The backdrag edge isnt as long as the main cutting edge. I'm not real sure as to why this is. My only guess is that so the plow doesnt ride up but I'm not sure.

3. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

4. BDB

BDB Senior Member

5. joe b

joe b Junior Member

I just bought the western backdrag edge . $54 at dealer. Had a hinged edge it broke a hinge point. ran over the end and got a flat. Not productive!
  6. Well that sucks!:realmad: