1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western angling

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by plowdog, Dec 27, 2008.

1. plowdog

plowdog Member
    from MN

Got a western 9' Pro Plus with a handheld controller, when I push the left angle button it hammers to the right then left several times until I let off the button. All other functions are o.k. If I push the button in a particular spot it will work fine. Westerns site says it may be a solenoid valve or a bad controller. Anybody run into this problem? How do I test the solenoid and or controller ? Thanks

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

your pc board is wearing out. unplug the cord, take the 2 screws out and the board will slide out. pull the plastic cover with the buttons off. talittle bit of rubbing alchohol on a kleenex and gently wipe the contacts. put is together and see what happens. if that doesn't fix it, you will have to replace the board.

3. plowdog

plowdog Member
    from MN

thanks, I'll givr it a try!

4. wsmm

wsmm Member

Cleaning Contacts

If the contacts are on the edge of the board similar to the way they are on the cards that plug ointo a computer you can try using a pencil eraser. We used these to clean contacts both silver, gold and copper. Do NOT use an ink eraser as they are too abrasive.

Bill