1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western 9 pin harness

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jay brown, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we have a western unimount with 9 pin harness. the harness is somewhat wore out where the male and female plug together. i got both aftermarket harnesses yesterday. the harnesses i received have short wires and will have to cut into the mesh conduit and SPLICE all the wires. looks like this will cause future trouble. any ideas?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thats standard for Western and aftermarket replacement ends.

3. Jay brown

i got everything wired up. it all works good except a relay(behind the truck head light) makes a lot of noise.

4. Crash935

Makes alot of clicking noise or buzzing noise?

5. Jay brown

clicking noise. they tried several sizes

6. Crash935

Start back at the relays and check that the brown wire has power when the marker lights are on and check that the black orange wire continuity back to ground. Also check back at your splice where you did the replacement end that you didnt get a black/orange wire mixed up with a black wire or that you didnt miss a black/orange wire. Depending on where you did your splice on the plow side, there are 4 black/orange wires that come together as one.