1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 8'6" V-plow For Sale-like New

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by superdave, Dec 13, 2006.

1. superdave

superdave Junior Member

I am not very familiar with Western Plows....I have a Boss V-Plow....... but a friend of mine died, and his widow has an 8'6" Western V-Plow that she needs to get rid of.....I am trying to help her out....the plow looks like brand new except for a chip off the inside corner of the cutting edge....otherwise I don't think there is even a spot of rust on it...the paint is glossy and new looking....He probably didn't use it more than a couple of times....anyhow, the mounts are for a Superduty Ford....If anyone is interested, give me a shout at 563-380-2298.....or superdaveericson@hotmail.com......I am in the corner of northeast Iowa.......near Wisconsin and Minnesota.

2. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

any idea what year ford the mount is for and a price? have a buddy looking for soemthing to put on his 00 f250

3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Hey Dave:

I sent you an e-mail. Thanks....Pete

4. superdave

superdave Junior Member

Hey guys,
    Sorry I wasn't around to check my email yesterday.........anyhow I believe the first truck he had it on was a 2000 F350........but I think he also had it on a 2002 F450.......So I am not sure what years those mounts would fit.......the way I understand it from our dealer here a guy could get the right mounts for around $150 on a trade if these didn't fit your truck.........as far as a price goes........I told her I thought it was probably worth close to $3000........and at least $2500.........I'm not kiddding about it's condition.....It's close to perfect........
    Thanks,
    Superdave

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'd like to see some pictures of said plow. I'm decently close too....

6. demoman

demoman Junior Member
    from chicago

mvp plow

i also have newer mvp plow for sale

7. superdave

superdave Junior Member

I will try to get some pictures of it tomorrow.......I can e-mail anyone interested in the pics.........I will try to post them also....
    dave

8. superdave

superdave Junior Member

V-plow Pics

We dug the 'ol Western out of the shed tonight......didn't wash it up or anything yet, but i think you can see that it's in pretty good shape. I looked it over a little closer tonight......looks like the only thing it needs is a cutting edge.......the corner of it is cracked in the center of the plow.....it will make someone a nice plow....
    dave.

IM000892.JPG

IM000893.JPG

9. Strictly Snow

Strictly Snow Senior Member
    from Oxford

Uni-mvp

Super dave what are you looking to get from the mvp

10. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

read the post btw nice plow

11. 04ford250

04ford250 Junior Member

I am wondering if you are still selling the Boss MVP yet? Also does it come with the A frame for the truck and all the necessary wiring and such? thanks

12. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I am interested in the MVP if it is still available. Let me know.

13. superdave

superdave Junior Member

Yes, the plow is still for sale.......and as far as I know it is complete.....the mounts for the truck are laying next to it along with a box of goodies........wiring harness, solenoid, etc.........let me know if you guys need any more info.......