1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western 8'6" unimount plow 2200

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Schwinn68, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

Completely rebuilt western 8'6" unimount snow plow. This is plow side only, no truck mount included. Many new parts including all four springs, shock, hoses. Completely repainted moldboard and mounting brackets. Cutting edge is about 85%. I used the plow in the storm last wednesday and it worked perfectly. I'll get pics up tomorrow. Any questions please ask. 2200

2. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

Here's the pics and new price of 2500. The plow now has a set of nighthawk lights on it. It has a custom light tower and the lights are spliced into the original 9 pin harness. the cutting edge is just dirty from plowing the other night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Ben what all do you have into swapping to the nighthawks? Damn when I come down to pick up that 9' I might have to bring my 8'6" down for you to do lol.

4. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

Just talk your buddy into this plow and take the lights off it before he even knows any better. ;)

or....I built a new light tower out of 2" angle and 4" flat stock. I drilled the four mounting holes in the top and six holes into the angle to mount where the other light supports used to be mounted. I had Philbilly come over and rewired the lights into the 9 pin harness so my truck can still be a two plug setup.

5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

lol I don't think he would be too happy!
    Hopefully this blade doesnt sell soon because I'll have to take a better look this weekend and most certinly copy it! 2 more ?'s though:
    1. Are the nighthawks really night and day vs. the normal lights?
    2. Where did you get them and how much? lol

Bump for a Damn Nice Lookin Plow!

6. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

1. yes they make an incredible difference. I wouldn't want to plow again without them
    2. about 225 from cpw

7. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

Bump.....snow is coming, someone needs a great plow!

8. AIMscapes

AIMscapes Member

Ben, shouldn't you be out plowing rather than post on Plowsite? LOL

9. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

I ran this plow all night and day during the last snow we had. Plow worked great with no issues. I only need one plow so both are for sale. whichever one doesn't sell I'll keep and use for myself. If someone wants better pics just let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.