1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 8' Uni-Mount slow release??Please Read

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ctplowguy, Feb 21, 2005.

1. ctplowguy

ctplowguy Junior Member
    from ct

I wasnt sure how to phrase it,but I'm wondering if there is a way to let the blade down slower.It slams the ground so hard that it must wake the whole neighborhood up.I had one person ask if I could lower it easier because he got a large crack in the driveway.I thought it would be impossible that I caused it,but another person asked the exact same thing today,when he noticed a new large crack in his driveway.Anybody have any ideas.I just want to keep the people happy.

2. mylittlescoop

mylittlescoop Senior Member
    from nj

What kind of truck is it on? Do you have feet on it?

3. 2003DodgeRam2500

2003DodgeRam2500 Junior Member

yes you can slow the drop speed down

The quill in the top of the manifold adjusts the blade speed drop.

1. Lower the blade to the ground before making adjustments

2. Turn the quill in (clockwise) to decrease drop speed

Turn the quill out (counterclockwise) to increase drop speed

Hope this helps you out.

4. ctplowguy

ctplowguy Junior Member
    from ct

Its on a 95 F350 w/out the feet.I'll try the quill adjustment.Thanks a lot!!

5. E&B

E&B Member

I think you're customer might be trying to get something for nothing because I have a similar truck with a 8' SS X-blade and the quill setting at pretty much non existent so I can drop the blade quick and as much as that blade weighs theres no way I'm going to crack a driveway with it.