1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 8' uni-mount problem- wont lift or turn. Possibly controller bad?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Shop's Lawn, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

I have a hand held controller for 8' uni mount western plow.
    Power light does come on.
    When I hit the turn or lift button nothing happens. You can hear it click.
    No sound from motor trying to run.

Maybe controller is bad? it is a over 6 years old.
    Headlights and turn signals still work.
    I cleaned out the connections with de icer and electrical cleaner then put new electric grease in there- still no action.

any suggestions?

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

check the connector were the controller plug into, wiggle while your holding the up button..If it works, the pins might be loose.

I don't know what connections you check. Check the grill connector (truck and plow connector). Make sure it is good and clean.. If you have a helper, have them press the up button while you wiggle the harness around. If it works, the pins are not making a good connection. Using a pair of pliers (channel locks) squeeze the truck side (female) plug lightly, then re-connect both harness and try again.

S2/S3 control the left function..
    S2 control the right function
    S3 control the up function

Check the see if there is 12v with a test light when you push the up button.

Here is some info that should help you

elect cartvalves.jpg

elect cartvalves.jpg

3. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Is the motor good?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad connection is likely. connect jumper cables from the batt to the motor and see if it runs.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Ah, didn't see that.I missed the line regarding the motor.......

Also beside what No lead has mention, try jumping out the motor relay to see if the relay is bad..Also check the wires on the relay to make sure there no corrosion, and also make sure there is good contact..

6. Snowpusher78

Snowpusher78 Junior Member

Had problem last year hand held went bad on me used the plow and it sat for 2 days went to move truck and nothing found out controller went bad, I'm brain dead right now but check under the hood where the wire from the battery runs to i guess the relay deal it could have went bad also, i have had that also in past years.

7. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

can you hear the coils on the plow engaging??? if so i know that my V plow has 2 fuses inside the controller. one is to activate coils and one to activate the pump