1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 8' plow HELP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tjcezar, Nov 20, 2006.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

I bought a new 2006 Ford F350 dually dump and included with the sale is a newer 8' Western plow ( straight blade)(have not seen yet but was told it is about a year or two old). Would there be any reason why This plow would not fit on my 2001 Ford F250. The dealer is telling me no but I just think they don't want to switch them for me. See I have a Blizzard Power Plow on my 2001 F250 which would be better suited on the F350 dump(plow is super heavy) and the 8' Western would be perfect for the F250. Maybe just change the mounts for the western cause the plow is coming with mounts for a 2006 Ford F350, how much would mounts be?

2. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

The plow will fit the 01 just need a different mount for the truck that is it...You may have to get a different headlamp harness but everything else is interchageable...the dealer is just being lazy thats all! :drinkup:

3. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

how much do mounts run?

4. soulrider1979

soulrider1979 Junior Member

Western 8 Foot

I started off with a Western 7'6 on my F150. Bold in my opinion. After three years with that, I had it switched to my F350 duelly. All I need was a new mount. I took the wireing harness off and had it put on my 350. No big deal!

5. soulrider1979

soulrider1979 Junior Member

Mounts

I think they run around 800 bucks? Maybe a little less. Check with a western dealer.

6. M&M Services

from midwest

7. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

thanks for the replys guys. One more question, Since I am not sure of the exact model do all westerns use the style mounts? (Pro, pro plus etc.)

8. M&M Services

from midwest

yeap the mounts are the same for all the plows!

9. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I remember a guy pricing out to swap his plow over when I was in the dealer, it came to between $700-$850 if I remember right for the mount and harness.

if the dealer wants the sale that bad maybe they can talk to thier plow dealer about swapping the mount for you to make the sale.

10. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

Unfortunately I bought the truck but didn't have the plow put on yet and then I decided to take my Blizzard 810 (very heavy) and have that put on the new F350 dump and I'll put the western on my F250. Just thought it would make more sense to have the smaller plow on the smaller truck (better for driveways and tight spaces). But it now seems as if the dealer made the sale they don't want to bother. They said the plow dealer said the plow won't fit (but I said I would buy the new mounts but they didn't seem interested). Now that I know otherwise I am going to push the issue. Thanks again