1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 8' 6" Pro or Pro Plus Plow?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Smokinlbz06, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Smokinlbz06

Smokinlbz06 Junior Member

Question for you guys...

I was looking at a used 8' 6" Ultramount plow and was woundering if there was anyway to tell what exact model the plow is? Like if its a pro plus or just a regular pro plow? The guy says it was the best model avalible at the time which was around 2003/2004. Thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The Pro-Plus will have a round tube that runs all the way across the back of the mold board, about 10" up from the ground and will have 2 shocks.

You can go to westerns website and print out the sales brochures with the pics of both types of blades to take with you.

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I don't think that Western offered a Pro and Pro Plus in the Uni-Mount. Post some pics and maybe someone can tell you what it's worth.

4. Crash935

They didnt offer a Pro-Plus in a uni-mount, luckily, hes looking at a Ultramount!

5. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

if you read his post he stated it was an ultramount and at that time 2003 or 2004 it would have only been a pro plow-proplus was not out till 06

6. Crash935

Not out until 06, think you might be wrong there!

7. Smokinlbz06

Here's a picture of the plow..

7231_1.jpg

8. Crash935

Thats a Pro.

9. ptllandscapeIL

crash- I dont believe the pro-plus was out I remember reading about its intro in september of 06" they have had the 9-10' heavy weight for years bit I do not recall apro plus

10. ptllandscapeIL

but anywho,If you do snowplowing as a business I would say go pro-plus much stronger plow then a pro

11. Smokinlbz06

Thanks guys, anyone know of a good western dealer in northern illinois?

12. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

RA Adams

in McHenry is a great place for plows and parts for plows.

13. Crash935

Ptl, i have selection guides from 03 with the pro-plus in it. It was just over 4 years ago that i left the equipment company as an installer and i remember installing them for a few years befor i left. Believe it or not, you can still get the Heavyweights new.

Didnt mean to get in a pissing match with you, its just that ive been dealing with plows for 20 years.

14. ptllandscapeIL

really,that pisses me off 03" wow i hadnt ever seen one until 06 hmm thanks for th einfo