1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 8.5 MVP

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Dec 23, 2010.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Considering selling one of my MVP's while the truck is down for a couple of weeks. I'm probably going to replace the truck and may put a new plow on its replacement.

This one is a Western Unimount. Lights and brackets are off in the pic but I have them. I can sell it complete for a few different trucks depending what mount you need. I run Ultras with conversion kits but have access to a few Unimount mounts. The mount on my truck is actually fabbed a little b/c of the lift. It'll include a newer style 9 button handheld, IMHO the best controller on the market. I've had this particular plow since almost new. It has been on my personal truck(s) since I got it and I've put every mile on it. It has been serviced regularly. It has a stainless chain, nice cutting edges, center flap, etc. It's a 50th anniversary plow, 02/03, the last year for the Unimount.

I have another that I'll sell instead too. It's a little cleaner looking but a couple years older. This one is actually the better plow IMO b/c it's a little more broken in and cleans better. BUT I will sell the nicer one instead for the same price. I don't have pics on hand of it though. Price is $3,500 complete. Like I said, I can probably come up with at least a couple different mounts and maybe headlight harness for a few other trucks depending what you have. I'm firm on the price. If I can't get that, I'll probably just keep it. I plan to put $$ down on a new Blizzard for the next truck. I could use another one on one of my lots.

[​IMG]

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Pulled it off the truck today. A bit snowy but obviously in good shape. Caught something in reverse with left wing so that side cyl is new. Forgot to mention that. I keep the cyls greased in the off season so they aren't pitted one bit. As you can see in the pic of the front it lays nice and flat on the cutting edges. They are reasonably new as well. Make me an offer.

IMG00966.jpg

IMG00967.jpg

3. travisdec

travisdec Junior Member
    from usa

Where are you located

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Zip is 46319

5. cajmcoffey

cajmcoffey Junior Member
    from mo

I am looking for wiring and controller for mvp v plow Jason 8162582493

6. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Hmm, I'm thinking about one of these now. Do you have the lights for it? I wouldn't need a mount, but I'd need the wiring and controller. Is that possible?

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yes sir. Anything is possible. I do have the lights, I just had taken them off b/c the truck was tall enough I didn't need them. That and I like to be different. I'll take a pic of the other one here in a few minutes.

Jason, what truck do you need the harness for?

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here's the other one:

IMG00982.jpg

IMG00983.jpg

9. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

still got it?

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yes sir..........

11. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

have a mount and harness for a 2004 2500HD? ext cab

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I sure do.............

13. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

hmmmmm let me talk to my buddy who needs a plow

14. mulchexpress

mulchexpress Junior Member

Do you still have the Western Unimount MVP Plow for sale? What size is it, 8'6"? Currently have the same plow on my 1997 Chevy 2500, but wings are rusting out and looking to replace with same plow. Onyl need the plow side, since truck is already wired?
    Thanks,
    Matt

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Matt,

saw a few of your trucks over at the BP on sussex turnpike in randolph a few days ago i believe

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Matt, I do. I have interest in it but have 2 and may sell both. Yes they're both 8'6 and equally nice.

17. kurtisxx

kurtisxx Junior Member
    from indiana

I am interested in either one of the plows. I have an 05 superduty and i would need everything from truck side to plow side. Hit me up on email kurt_gott@hotmail.com thanks