1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 8.5' MVP Price Quote

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jdjoe_97, Nov 7, 2001.

1. jdjoe_97

jdjoe_97 Member

Hey guys just got a email with a fresh quote on a new plow. I am looking at this for my 98 Chevy 2500 Silverado. Its a Western MVP 8.5' and this would be me picking it up and installing my self. The price quoted is $3672. While they were at it I asked them to price me a 8.5 Pro Straight blade too. They came up with $2998 on that one and it was unclear if that included the touch pad option and deflector option which amounts to $225.

I am asking you guys if you think this price is in line or not. I really like the Boss V-Plows but I don't know which would be better for me. Thanks so much for any advice or comments. Joe

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Joe, Gonna install it yourself?
    Check out www.centralparts.com
    They have excellent prices on complete plow
    set ups. All brands too...They are near you
    so shipping will be cheap. I was going to
    buy from them but shipping to NY ate up the
    price advantage for me.....I had my new 71/2
    western ultra installed yesterday with the
    trick controller $2900 installed.........
    I was at the BBQ in poughkeepsie and saw
    all the plows side by side. That new BOSS V
    was nice 3800 inst.....western mvp 3600 inst.
    western mm 71/2 inst 3000. Prices quoted
    from memory (looking for quote list now).
    good luck....let it snow !................Geo

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Your prices seem high for a plow to install yourself. If you are looking to go this route by from a bigger dealer where they can keep prices low by moving more stock.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2001
  4. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

jdjoe_97,

Central Parts has them for $3542.11 + shipping

If you don't want to do the install, try your local dealer's and negotiate the price:D

When I had my Western MVP installed, they originally wanted $4200. I got them down to $3700 including tax:eek:

Greg

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I called this week for a quote on that same plow and was told 3675.00 piched up, and 3975.00 installed. Then I reminded the owner that this was my thrid v plow from him, and that had bought 2 spreaders as well, and he dropped 200.00 on each price.Turn the screws and they will deal some.
    Dino

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Dino
    Your price is more inline with what I see here too. Maybe the proces are higher in the midwest for some reason.

7. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

I paid 3850 installed tax included.

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I priced one here,8.5 ,MVP they wanted 3650 +tax,if i installed it.Truthfully I wanted this plow,but they still use the unimount,which I really do not like much,so I went with the Boss ,which is a little bigger,a lot faster,easier to mount,but has no lower trip or deflector.I will probably put a U edge on it once I wear this one down anyway.

9. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

John R. Where did you get it installed for that price in NJ
    The prices I have been quoted are 1k more.
    Please let me know

10. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

If you notice the thread is from 2001

11. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

if you are interested in a used 8' straight pro plow, i have a ultra mount that has 1 full easy season, has back scraper blade, and operates great.
    I just want to upgrade to a large v blade, new jobs have long isle pushes instead of the easy off to the side pushing.
    let me know if interested, I am only considering it at the moment, this the 1st time i've mentioned the idea.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  12. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Wow that was dumb! 2001 yeah I remember....
    Not looking for any more str8 blades.
    I have 8 western 8ft plows. 5 uni 3 ultra Looking to get a V blade,
    I am meeting with a Blizzard rep on the 14th here in NJ. Their prices seem to be alot cheaper I want to find out why.
    How much are you looking for the used plow? people are always asking me

13. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

I bought mine from Seely Equipment in Farmingdale NJ. Don't know what the prices are today for a MVP but I'm happy with mine.