1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 7.6 ultra mount on 2014 ram 2500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Absolute87, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Absolute87

Absolute87 Junior Member

Just wired up my new 2014 ram with my older western ultra mount. Everything seems to be working correctly except when my lights are on my 3 port module is making a clicking like noise and parking lights seems to flicker. I also Had to change from my 4 port module to a 3 port with some relays. That my local western dealer sold me in the kit.

Any ideas on what to check would be great

Many thanks,
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

So you have a three plug straight blade with a three port isolation module? Do you know a part number for the relays or are they part of the headlight kit? What headlight kit did you use 69804? I believe these relays prevent both plow high and low beams from coming on at the same time. Shouldn't be an issue.

When you tied into your marker and signal lights did you verify you connected to the correct wires with a test light? Maybe you got the wrong one for the marker lights somehow. When I install these wires I have found that the signals are always on the outside of the three wires and the marker is always in the center of the three. Did you cut and tie in directly behind the marker / signal bulbs?
  3. Absolute87

Absolute87 Junior Member

Yes 3 plug straight blade. 3 port module. I'll get the adapter kit info tomorrow but I did use a test light and spice in between truck and stock bulb connector. All truck side lights work fine and plow lights have a very slight dimness on the marker lights. The main thing is module clicking when lights are on