1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 7 1/2' Pro Plow won't go down???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KSWART, Feb 11, 2005.

1. KSWART

KSWART Member

Ok plow was working fine earlier today. Ran out tonight and when I came home went to drop the plow and when I hit down nothing happens. Left, right, and up all work fine. Checked all connections even on the control in cab everything is fine. Any idea what to check now? I have snow coming in overnight and need it workin in the morning.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

2. skidsteerloader

skidsteerloader Junior Member

Take a close look at the pins inside the plug for the controller, I had one wire that was loose, and even though things looked fine, when you plug in the controller all it takes is one wire to be loose or not completely plugged in and you can loose one of your functions. Just a thought. Also give a light tug on the wires, ive seen them come apart from the pins ( bad crimp ) Good Luck.

3. jbjw@netins.net

jbjw@netins.net Junior Member

Hi if it is a unimount then you need to check the jam nut on the top of your hydralic pump sometimes it will tighten up on its own and you will have to loosen it at least i do once in a while. let me know if thats the problem.

4. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Ditto. See if it's your packing nut.