1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 7 1/2 poly

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Woody21, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Woody21

Woody21 Junior Member

I have been thinking of putting a blade on my 03 1500 silverado. I came across what i think is a good deal. It is a 7 1/2 poly but it came off a dodge. My question is what would i have to buy in order to put it on my truck since its off an older dodge?
    Thanks in advance

2. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

its probably a unimount so make sure you can get the mount for your truck before buying it.

i just went through a similar thing and if i got a unimount it would have almost cost as much for the ultramount + adapter + plow as almost going new with a 2 year warranty. i went new for this reason, but my truck is a little less common so there may be a unimount running around for your truck - there wasn't for mine.

3. Woody21

Woody21 Junior Member

You are right its a unimount. Can you tell me if the mounts changed from 98 to 03?

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

yes they did for both 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton.