1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 7 1/2 plow from a 2005 Silverado to a 1999 Gmc Sierra

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jackson63, Apr 14, 2016.

1. jackson63

jackson63 Junior Member

I am looking at a Western Ultra Mount Poly plow from a 2005 Silverado 2500. Would this plow work on my 1999 GMC Sierra 1500? Thanks
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to go to the Western website and go through "quickmatch". It will ask all the questions you need to answer in order to determine compatibility. A 1500 is much lighter than the 2500 that it came off. There are often several options for front ends and the type of engin makes a big difference. The Duramax is very heavy which often limits the 1500s to HTSs and mid weight plows. Regardless of what quickmatch says ultra mount is ultra mount. You could put a wide out on if you want but the rear end might not touch the ground. Lots of people mount "overload" plows on their trucks if the truck never drives on public roads. But if you plan to drive on the road with the plow its best to stick to Westerns recommendation.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

i would think the poly will be ok, just remember to add ballast when plow is on
  4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

It'll work but you'll need different truck mounts and headlight harnesses.