1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 6.5 SU plow...quadrant trashed

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ppandr, Nov 24, 2011.

1. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Just picked up a used 6.5 western sport utility for another jeep setup. It will really just see minimal use and be a back up for my older solid 6.5 uni's. The blade and frame is almost new looking but the quadrant is rusted and bent up. Im thinking someone swapped it out. I was going to order a new one for $300 but instead I'm going to fix it and reinforce it. Has anyone else see this issue.

2. WhitePlowr

WhitePlowr Senior Member

I've only see then mold board/ entire blade piece rust out from all areas. havent seen any other pieces rust out but I could see it happening since I believe the A frame/quadrant whatever you want to call it , is not the same as a standard setup and mostly likely thinner and weaker. I'd go with your judgement and custom reinforce it to what you want. I have the standard 6'6" going on a cherokee its a monster. I'm looking for a tj unimount truckmount side frame for the future ... PPANDR got any pics? thanks alot