1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western 2000 lo-pro tailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cold and tired, Nov 28, 2006.

1. cold and tired

cold and tired Junior Member

does anyone have any experience with this model or any other tailgate sreaders, if so what material do you use
  2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I have the fisher 1000, same as yours except yours is swingaway, 3rd brake light, and holds a tad more.

As far as material, you can only put salt in it. Treated salt if you add a vibrator.
    The low-profile is nice because it gives you better visibility.
    If your going to be salting lots bigger than 1 acre I would say go with a vbox.
    The variable speed controller is nice, I can put it on 2 and salt 8' wide or spin it to max and do 30'.
    I put lights on mine so I could see the salt spray better and just plain to be able to see backing up.
    Taking it on and off is a pain by yourself, almost impossible.

Hope this helps.

oh, there is no baffle so if you load and drive you will lose some and maybe crack a windshield.