1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 1000

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sns250, Jan 15, 2010.

1. sns250

sns250 Member

I posted about my issues with the western 2500, the western dealer is willing to trade it out for a 1000. I have read on here and people seem to like there 1000's. Just looking for some feedback on the 1000 and if anyone has expeirance with it compared to the 2500.

2. procut

procut Senior Member

I have a 2000, basically the same thing just with a bigger hopper. Awesome spreader as long as you run bagged material. If you want to run bulk, forget about it.
  3. sns250

sns250 Member

Thanks, no one else gas anything to say about their 1000?
  4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Western 1000. It's probably five years old, and has been virtually trouble free. I've replaced the lower bearing on it once... it started howling. I think most of that was due to rust from sitting over the summer months. Great machine, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah... Make sure you get the variable speed controller too.
  5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

there is pleanty of threads on this....i made a few myself...search
  6. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

i have a 1000 and a 2500... depending on what material you are using, they both have their advantages... If you are spreading CaCl the 2500 is nice because you can adjust the rate down and the spinner up... the 1000, the rate of the spinner and the auger go up and down together... I prefer the 1000 for spreading rock salt... it seems to feed better. but yea I agree that you need to used bagged material... just make sure it is as clean as possible and not much "dusty material" in it.
  7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

The 1000 or teh Pro Flo 2 Are the only Spreaders I will buy...you can run bulk or bagged salt!