1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western 1000 tailgate spreader $400

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by brianbrich1, Dec 26, 2015.

1. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

Spreader is as title states. Bought used and decided not to use and went with a small vbox. Electric motor and controller work. The two bearings on shaft are either in need of TLC or replacing.

The shaft will turn by hand about half to 3/4 revolution then get hung up. Can hook controller and motor to 12v to show buyer it operates. Priced to sell. $400 obo pick it up only no delivery or shipping. I'll text pictures to any interested parties via text as I'm not able to post pics. Text for info to Seven08 856 Two459 located south of Chicago suburbs

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  2. brianbrich1

Bump it ^....

3. brianbrich1

2 new $20 bearings and this is ready to go. No takers?

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

A fully functioning piece of equipment sells faster than a partially functioning piece of equipment.

5. brianbrich1

Thanks for the typical PS response. For 400 obo offer someone can put in the effort on the bearings. As stated I decided not to use and would just like to move this piece of equipment out.

6. jhenderson9196

You posed the question, " no takers?"

7. brianbrich1

Once again typical PS member response. If you are not interested in the spreader as is in condition as description said find another thread to waste the motion of your fingers on or go drive till you find snow to plow.

Or keep the useless response coming every few hours to bump back to the top. Maybe I should say thank you?

8. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

By the amount of of post you have it obvious you are not on here alot.Anybody whom sells and item on here would like sell there stuff so when a seller bumps it up takes it to the top of oder being the vast amount if stuff on here for sale or people( WTB )wanting to buy.so please if you nothing nice to say.please refrain from saying stuff no one wants here.anyway.

9. PriorityCleanin

PriorityCleanin Member

I'd be interested but you live to far. Looking for spreaders now in VA MD DC area.

10. brianbrich1

Yes if only closer you could get this for a steal

11. DIRISHMAN

Or I could just steal it....lol

12. jhenderson9196

Maybe I don't have a lot of posts because I only type when I have have something worthwhile to say. Trying to help when someone doesn't understand why his spreader isn't drawing interest isn't saying anything bad.

13. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

Text pictures to 574-532-6574

14. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Is it red????

15. brianbrich1

Yes Pat you know this spreader. Jewel pics on the way

16. brianbrich1

After sending pics to a member I was advised this is a pro flo unit not a 1000.

17. 1olddogtwo

Wait, is this Dennis old unit?

18. DIRISHMAN

Yes Pat it is

19. 1olddogtwo

Oh, it needs TLC/bearing

It's a good unit. Didn't know we were talking about that one.

20. mr.lawn works

mr.lawn works Member

Text pictures please 563-212-3871