1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 1000 Stand

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Spucel, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Picked up a Western 1000 hitchmount salter last week. I'm usually alone when I'm hooking up the plow and salter to the truck and yea.....I'm not taking that thing on/off alone every time it snows. After a few snowfalls my back wouldnt like me anymorewesport. I want to build some type of stand that slides under the salter for it to rest on, has anyone made something like this? If you have any pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

There is one guy who built one for his.. cant find it though. Why even take your spreader off? Whats the point? Doesnt this model swing so you can access the bed?

Here is a diagram of the spreader stand this guy built.
    The arms held the spreader.
    Then he had a Trailer jack that he could crank to raise the "arms" To lift the spreader.
    THe whole top portion slide up and down (thats why i changed the thickness of the lines.)

Pic is not to scale obviously. Dont criticize my mac paint skills lol took 3 mins!

Screen shot 2011-10-30 at 12.49.31 AM.png

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

subscribed

4. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

I really like that!!!

6. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Its so easy to miss the different posts on this site. this is one I missed. Spucel posts some pictures after you make yours up.

8. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Thank you!

9. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Do you mind if I make one up like yours?

10. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

I don't mind at all. I sent detailed instructions to Burkartsplow quite a while back. He may still have them. If not, PM me and we can discuss this.