1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 1000 Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowing chevys, Mar 1, 2004.

1. plowing chevys

plowing chevys Junior Member

Owners of them, how do you like them?

2. Cutting Edge Kid

Cutting Edge Kid Senior Member

I bought one back in October and it's great!!! I can squeeze 600 lbs of salt in it as well. I'm going to buy a Western 2000 soon!

3. plowing chevys

plowing chevys Junior Member

does it spread good?

4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I have the 2000 and I think it is the greatest since sliced bread! The down side is it doesn't like chunks very much. Anything over a 3" chunk and it seems to have a hard time breaking it up. Other than that, it is fantastic! It is the same setup as a 1000 just bigger I think.

5. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

It's okay compared to others. I like two stage units better (even though we only spread salt). But the 1000 is light, relatively easy to take on/off. If there is any moisture in the salt you need a vibrator to move material through the spreader.

6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I have a WESTERN 1000 and I really enjoy using it. It is 3 seasons old & been on 2 different trucks. I have added a trailer hitch for light duty use. If any one wants see it it is under BOAST 2003 F250 in the pictures forum. If I was to buy a new one I would have to consider the new BOSS SPREADER because of the mounting bracket & storage stand. :waving:
    BOAST