1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western 1000 salt spreader

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jrglandscape, Jan 12, 2008.

1. jrglandscape

jrglandscape Member

I recently took out the spreader wiring and installed it in another truck. Now the motor spins back wards. The red light on the variable speed controler don't go out when it turns on or the green light dosen't come on. I have checked all the wiring twice it is correct. Even broke out the book to verify. any thought would be appreciated

2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Switch The Two Red Wires Goign Into The Back Of The Controller

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You wired it backwards. Probably put the hot/neg cables backwards on the battery.

4. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

Yeah, definently start with the two big red wires on the back of the controller box.

5. jrglandscape

jrglandscape Member

The wires off the battery are red positive, black neg. to the back of the controler. factory plug ins. a white and black comming out again both factory plug ins. they can only go in one way. checked them all again. they are the way they are suppose to be.

6. Dissociative

how old is this thing?...pictures?...truck it came off and truck it went on???

7. jrglandscape

jrglandscape Member

It turns out that something happened to the controler. It works with a different one. It came off and went on a 1999 super duty. Just seems funny it worked the day it was taken off, and put on the other the same day it quit. That seems to be the way things happen sometimes.

Thanks to all who tried to help me out.

8. Dissociative

9. jrglandscape

jrglandscape Member

It was all purchased new in 2002.

The guys on here are saying that there is a recall on the model 66600 Western controler. That happens to be the one that is in that truck.

If they don't give me a new one, I will be interested in getting a new one.

Thanks

James