1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 1000 Salt Spreader Relay

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Midatlanticpowe, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Midatlanticpowe

Midatlanticpowe Junior Member

Does anybody know where I can get the relay thats inside the controller box for the Western 1000? I accidentally hit the switch yesterday and I guess there was a bind on the spreader and it started getting hot. I smelt the burnt plastic and popped open the controller to find the relay melted. It says 12v 30 amp on the relay and its a 4 prong. Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Does it just look like a standard relay? If that's the case then any auto part store

3. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

you may also want to check your inline fuse as it should have blown long before that happened.

4. Midatlanticpowe

Midatlanticpowe Junior Member

Its not the fuse because my ******* must have taken the fuse out the last time it blew and didnt have a spare handy in the middle of the night. Trust me I learned the hard way. I have already put the fuse back in. When I went to the Western dealer all they didnt have it and of course had to buy a whole new controller. $135