1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western 1000 or pro flow 2

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mr.greenjeans89, Nov 11, 2008.

1. mr.greenjeans89

mr.greenjeans89 Junior Member

is the 2 choices i have due to only 1 dealer within driving range and this is all they have.Just wantn some advise,im trying not to spend a whole lot so im leaning towards the 1000 its 1500 but the pro flow 2 spreads sand as well they say but is 1750.I only do 6 or 7 commercial lots,which do you reccomend or should i try somethen else.

2. michdeere

michdeere Member

I'd go with the pro-flo 2. I had a pro flo that I ran for 8 or 10 years. I bought a pro flo 2 last year because we couldn't get straight salt. Had to run 50/50 sand/salt. The pro flo 2 NEVER missed a beat. The 1000's just seem a little lighter/cheaper. Not real commercial duty? If you can get it for $1,750 I'd say go for it. That extra $250 will be money well spent.