1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 1000 No power to spreader plug ? Too long ago to remember issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MGardner, Jan 26, 2013.

1. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

Hi all, Our Western 1000 has sit for a season. Tomorrow AM mid morning they are talking freezing rain . I mounted my spreader, plugged it in and have light to control box. When I hit the go button I get the flashing red. No sound at the spreader like its trying...Took cover off and assumed red is pwer,blk grnd and tested at motor . Zip Checked connectors at control box tried again . Red light seems no power back at the plug. What am I missing here ? If its ground issue why do I have light and red blinking light at control box ? Could it still be a ground problem and still show light at controller ?Not looking forward to having to use a broadcast spreader that will only hold one bag

2. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

Private message usussmileyflag phone #. I will have techs call you Sunday. They will be on call Sunday from 9am-9pm for winter ice storm. SPW