1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western 1000 f/s

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Menghi08F150LT, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Menghi08F150LT

Menghi08F150LT Junior Member

It's up yet again. I decided to keep it, but stumbled across a deal on a small box sander and no longer need this.

Used Western 1000 tailgate spreader with a 2" receiver mount. Very popular unit, also can be referred to as the Fisher 1000 as they're the same thing. Electric motor. No vibrator! Comes with the harness and simple on/off/blast control. Also included is a locking receiver pin with the key if wanted.

The good: It was fully functional when it was last used, and it worked very well. Complete setup, as I said it comes with everything (except the optional third light, it didn't come with that). It's also a lightweight unit, perfect for personal use or even light/medium duty commercial.

The bad: The spreader needs at least a new lower bearing, it's ceased onto the shaft. I've found it for $30 online, plus shipping. The frame is a little rusty too, it's a few seasons old so it's to be expected in the rust belt.

Asking $500, obo. Local pickup only, but I will travel within the state or to just outside the state.

Located in Southeastern CT in New London County. I'll get pictures.

2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

nice deal.....why cant you be in Chicago with this...

3. ISLDSNOWREMOVAL

ISLDSNOWREMOVAL Junior Member

any pics how old is it did you replace anything on it

4. Menghi08F150LT

Menghi08F150LT Junior Member

I haven't replaced anything on it... I might order the part thats needed to try to fix it until I strike a deal. I'm not sure of the exact age but I'm going to guess about 4-5 years old now, the place it was bought from has been relocated from the sticker on it in that time, plus the year I've owned it.

No up to date pictures. I don't have much light where it is in the garage in my back yard right now so I'll get some tomorrow.