1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Westerm 8'6" MVP

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by THUNDERCHICKEN, Dec 8, 2009.

1. THUNDERCHICKEN

THUNDERCHICKEN Junior Member

Wanting to Trade: Westerm 8'6" MVP for straightblade

I have a Western 8'6" MVP ultramount, do not know what year it is, anyone willing to trade for a straight blade, I bought the truck last April with the plow. I do not plow commercially, I just do a few driveways for relatives so I feel that this heavy plow is just to much for my truck, is there a big weight difference between the V plow and the straight blade? I don't even know if it is even possible to switch between the two, I live in the Milwaukee Wi area so if anyone is interested let me know. Sorry if this is a stupid thread but I do not know anything about plows.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

post some pics. I'd be interested in doing that. Just need to figure out what wiring i would need to change.

3. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I would be interested in the trade. Definitely.

5. THUNDERCHICKEN

I will get some good pictures tomorrow morning after I plow my driveways because we are getting nailed up here in WI tonight and tomorrow!

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I just noticed that you have an ultramount. While that;s the mount I have on my truck, I'm using a conversion kit and am running an older Unimount plow. That probably wouldn't work out.

If you were interested in selling outright, let me know.

7. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Give me a call when you post the pics 513-403-5553 if we can work thing's out I'd like to do it as soon as possable.

8. THUNDERCHICKEN

Sorry guys, I had a local ad here in Milwaukee and worked out a deal already. Thanks for your time.

9. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

figured that would happen..

good luck this year.

10. THUNDERCHICKEN

Thank you and sorry to get your hopes up