1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Westeren Unimount Pro Does nothing but worked after fixing broken wire :/

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by thunderace31, Sep 21, 2010.

1. thunderace31

thunderace31 Junior Member

Ok we purchased a truck to add to our plow fleet from a buddy. The truck is a 2000 Ford F250 Super Duty. He sold it cheap because it needed some things we thought we had them all fixed but Low and behold I went to move the truck the other day and the plow will not lift turn left or right the pump runs but nothing else happens. We pulled the pump and the filter was full of Blue Goo so we changed the Fluid and cleaned the filter. Still nothing. SO I pulled the S2 Valve out and Cleaned it and all the others. Found S2 was frozen so I went to the plow shop over here near us and got the coil and the Valve replaced them and STILL NOTHING! Now Im lost :mad: I have no idea where else to look for issue. WE did install new lights But everything was working before they were put on. The light harness was all cut up so we more or less tapped into a few things and got the lights to work off the factory Ford Truck harness using the new harness from the new lights. We using the relays from the plow to power them up though. Could that be the issue? I don't see how that could cause a problem since its completely separate from the Plow control harness.

Needless to say I NEED HELP! I dont want to keep throwing $$$$ at this thing and it not fix the problem. So here I am looking for your much needed help :)

Thanks in advance
    Derek

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

the solenoid under the hood could be bad or a loose wire some were

3. thunderace31

thunderace31 Junior Member

Thanks after days and Days of messing with this and buying parts the local Pin heads said it needed, I Found a bad ground from the S1 S2 and S3 relay valve deal. I replaced that one and added an extra one to it just in case one brakes or something while Plowing in -10* weather :)
    Should have looked at that 1st but it took a very good friend to point out how tiny the wire was on it (Factory wire) and low and behold 1 hour later it worked! xysport

To bad I did check it way sooner like before I spent $300 on S2 valve and Controller I didnt need! Well I will most def. like the Hand held better than the stick so thats a + I guess lol.
    Now to get the frame painted and clean up the rest of the truck :)

Thanks for your input also.