1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wester Plow ID

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sbeamer, Sep 8, 2011.

1. sbeamer

sbeamer Junior Member

I bought a newer plow for my newer truck. The truck is an 04 F250, with a build date of June 04. I guess that would make it a "late". The plow, is, supposedly, for a 99 thru 04 early. It is not an ultramount. It has 3 springs and a shock with a hand held controller. Any ideas on what this thing is? It is 7.5' wide, steel. It might be a unimount. But I can't find any literature on this.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Post a picture of it.

3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a unimount.
    A pic will definately help us verify.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If it is in deed a Western plow and NOT ultra-mount then chances are its a uni-mount. Uni-mounts have two pins on each side, one holds up the headlamp / pump superstructure while the second, lower pins are the main mounts / pivots for the plow itself. One photo would sure help.

5. JD822

JD822 Member

Most likely a uni mount, and my best guess by your description it is a steel pro plow. But like others said, post a pic. As for a manual, here you go:

http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/21936_120198.pdf

6. JD822

JD822 Member