1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wester , Fisher, Or Boss?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 02DURAMAX, Dec 29, 2011.

1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

2. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

You can't beat the X-blade, X-treme V, and the XLS. That's just IMO.

3. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Fisher. The Xblade is the best straight balde on the market. You can't beat Fisher plows.

4. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

Cannot go wrong with fisher plows, especially the SSXV and Xblade! Been using fisher for way to long to switch now!

5. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

I have to admit, Id love to get my hands on a X Blade.

Im still convinced western/fisher are ran by the same people. You could put any western plow parts on a fisher or vice versa, like I did with mine. The only difference is the truck side mounts.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Western, Fisher and Blizzard are all owned by Douglas Dynamics.

douglasdynamics.com

7. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

Fisher XBlade all the way. and they are owned by the same company as sierra says. Also if you watch the 2 videos they are using the same host and the same ford with the BOSS vplow on it.

8. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

interesting videos. I have the BOSS VXT my self and love it.

I think it is going to come down to personal preference and dealer support who is close to you and you do you trust that you can get parts from at 3am. I think the other thing is doesn't the Fisher have double acting cylinders they are powered both in and out. The BOSS has spring return meaning that there is one less thing to go wrong. Not a bad thing.

But again i think it will come down to PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Thats the beauty of this site everyone has an opinion and there is a thread for all of them.

9. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

What does the BOSS have that Fisher does not?

10. a&j lawncare ll

a&j lawncare ll Member
    from ct

i dont like my boss v it never trips and when it does HOLD ON..the boss is slower the fisher.fisher has one touch movment into v..go with fisher im going to start going witht them..

11. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

I'd like to see the BOSS response video, But essentially the Fisher and Western are the same plow minus the mounts and the mold board brace. We have Western and Blizzard at work and my boss buys the western parts kit cause their interchangeable. That video also sold me on trip edges, when I first saw them I wasn't a fan, just seemed like another thing to go wrong. Another thing that the BOSS has is down pressure, but I think I'd take the stack height over it anyway.

12. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

Personally I think it all depends who is making the video, there all good plows it comes down to dealer support and price. I have boss on my truck but to me it really wouldn't matter if was a fisher or western as long as it's built solid and makes money.

13. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I have a 9 ft western pro plus and its a tough plow, Im not sure about now but when we got this plow it was quite a bit taller then the boss plows. The fisher plows look well built but I prefer the western hookup system and the fact that you can remove almost all of the bracket from the truck with one pin for the summer.

14. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

theyre all good. i would get whatever has best dealer support and whoever will give you the best deal

15. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I love my boss plows, simple, reliable and fast. just what I prefer, wouldn't hesitate to buy a western if I didnt already have all boss.

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I prefer Meyer I mean you see so many of them sitting around and the trucks driving around with the Meyer headgear on, they must be good right?

17. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Is this a serious statement?

18. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

Hahahahahaha

19. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

You see so many sitting around because the plows broke

20. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I was just posting this to see what everyone would say.. I would buy any of the three. it just so happened that im all western. I sure would love a fisher SS blade though!!!