1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Westendorf Snow Pushers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by blizzardsnow, Feb 11, 2010.

1. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe I'm not looking close enough, but those pushers appear to have a steel cutting egde, but no trip. There is no way in he!! I'd put something like that on any piece of equipment I owned. It's not a matter of IF you'll hit something, but WHEN. When you do, you'll wish you had a trip edge, or at least a rubber. I'd keep looking if I were you, there,s plenty of different manu's out there.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

That would be it. :salute: :D

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  4. jomama45

Wellllll............. I did see that, but I I'm still assuming that with the steal edge, there's no trip. But what do I know, I'm wearing "huge coke-bottles." :laughing:

PS, edit your post, no makey sensy! :dizzy:

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Thanks. :eek:

6. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

Well, I just read a thread about making the edge a trip edge out of steel tubing. Lots of brands don't have a trip edge. What brand would you recommend?

7. jomama45

Yes, many pushers are have a rubber edge with no trip, but the rubber does help take alot of the shock when hitting an unssen object. A non-tripping steel will not absorb the shock.

There are a ton of pusher manufacturers out there. Protech, Avalanche, DirtWorks, are just a few that adveritise here. We have 2 Dirtworks & a Protech, all with rubber and they all do what they're intened. A steel trip would be nicer though IMO. I think Protech actually makes a model that has both rubber & steel tripping edges that merely flips over for your tastes.

8. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

there is a rubber edge option I just saw on the website